Sunday, January 20, 2008

Some Things are Awesome

I just installed my new ipod, which is amazing. Now i just need tons of new music to put on it, so that I have an endless supply of new tunes as well as music for every occasion! My philosophy is that you just never know when you'll need a trio of say Aqua "Barbie Girl", Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon", and NWA. It could happen. Anyways, I'm also thinking of what tv shows and other things I might like to have on there. I have the office season 2, which is wonderful, but I really wish i could have all my movies. I remember when I was in Cape Town and I neglected to bring any movies. I was forced to rewatch over and over the same 10 movies that I didn't even like for 5 months. Needless to say, I watched How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days with commentary more than once.

I love television. Currently I'm watching School of Rock, which I happen to love. And today, after I returned from my trip to the farmer's market with mom (armed with delicious cheese), we sat down to watch some football. I will really miss being able to yell at sporting events thus terrifying my dogs. Hopefully my village enjoys soccer.

I think at one point a lot of my friends and family were really excited for me, but now that i'm leaving in 30 days, the reality is setting in. Sorry to friends and family who are reading this - I will miss you too. But it's a really exciting adventure, and who knows where it will lead my life! I mean, I have a general plan for what I want to do after Peace Corps, but it could always change...one never knows what will happen.

One of my good friends, a fellow ADPi pc'03 with me, Danielle, was/is a pc volunteer in Kenya. The last I read was that she was being sent back to the US after a couple weeks in Tanzania. I am so sad for her since she's only been posted for 6 months and I know she was getting really excited about her work. I hope that things in Kenya stabilize sooner rather than later so that the volunteers there can continue to work. Danielle, if you read this: I miss you and wish you well!

1 comment:

Derek said...

I just got a new iPod too. Not many things better than having 9700 songs on a device the size of a cell phone.