Thursday, February 14, 2008

the end/beginning is near.

so i'm leaving Tuesday afternoon. um yikes. I'm ever-so-slowly chipping away at things I need to do, but it still seems a little overwhelming. One thing that is easing the transition was that I had visitors last weekend! 3 of my future pc coworkers were in town for various reasons and we went to ethiopian, and then to the red door in fremont. aside from the general fun, ridiculousness, and a towing incident, it was just nice to meet people in person and build up a comfort level before we actually leave. We were able to talk about things we are nervous for, things that are frustrating for us in our preparations, etc. There are so many emotions that I switch back and forth between every day that no one can understand unless they are going through the same thing. I just have hundreds of questions that I can't even articulate, but they keep me up at night anyway. My nerves were definately calmed a little simply by knowing that I wasn't alone.

I think I have every meal planned before I leave. Kind of sad, but getting lots of food variety in is important! Justine made me chile rellenos, guacamole and cookies on Tuesday when I went down to visit with her and the kids. Despite the fact that she kept apologizing for sick kids and not much excitement, I enjoyed myself. i probably enjoyed myself even more than when we have wine-induced dance parties, because we got to just hang out, do homework, eat popsicles, go to afterschool activities. It was verey relaxing - except when we visited marina at middle school which was terrifying and crazy! SO many small children running around, calling us "really big 8th graders," grabbing at french fries, trying to flirt with girls twice their size. wow.

Coming up I have a lovely romantic valentine's with julia. first up: MAC makeovers (i'm totally nervous I'll have to spend the day with heinous blue eyeshadow and no eyebrows), then step up 2 the streets (which i'm excited for, give me a break), and then a 5 course moroccan meal, and delivering valentines to our bartenders. Tomorrow is definately errand day for most of the day, then happy hour with dad and cheryl. Saturday more errands with mom, followed by last homecooked meal, and my goodbye ballard bar crawl (look out!). Sunday is last minute things and then family dinner at dahlia lounge because I've been wanting to eat there for years. Monday is up in the air until hopefully a last sushi dinner - I can't go to africa without eating more eel!

No comments: